« 100,000 Visits, WOOHOOWow »

Comment from: Mandy [Visitor]

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! Holy Moly! I am sure I would have been scared out of my wits! I am not certain my brain would have functioned quite as efficiently as your did :) You are SUCH A BRAIN CHILD! And I am happy that you are my dear cousin! What a neat experience- although I am very thankful it happened to YOU and NOT ME :) M~

11/12/06 @ 18:47
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

Dad and I are still smiling about this, a terrific memory making experience to share with others for a long time to come. Roy said JJ needs to hear YOUR side of the story from YOU.

Where was Bob during this whole thing??? Hiding in the tent? I can just see it, Chris: appetizer, Ryan: main course, Bob: dessert.

11/13/06 @ 09:19
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

Bob slept through the whole thing, when he woke up and I told him he smiled and calmly said, "That's why I was INSIDE the tent.".

11/13/06 @ 09:29
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

Which is just exactly what I would expect him to say...Mr. Calm, Cool and Collected!

11/13/06 @ 09:39
Comment from: Tamara [Visitor]

Okay when I got to the part when you yelled at the bear I had to stiffle my laugh. Ryan you are a hero.

11/13/06 @ 10:01
Comment from: Lis [Visitor]

I'm laughing, but also grateful you had the cool mindset to just tell the bear to go away. I do it all the time to muggers and sqirrels. Seems to work.

11/13/06 @ 10:34
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]

Ha! I'll definitely remember this for a long time to come. But for the record, you didn't need to "convince" me it was alright to come out...you simply needed to unzip my sleeping bag. I was pretty seriously stuck and twisted up in there:)

11/13/06 @ 10:44
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

@Chris,
Umm, who was playing dead and who was yelling? That's what I thought! :)

11/13/06 @ 10:47
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]

Your whole, "Get out of the bag NOW" seemed to portray a certain urgency...af if we were being attacked rather than simply sniffed. Being unable to actually get out of my bag, I did the next logical thing. Yelling through the bag at a bear would have drawn attention to myself and would have made me look like a huge talking burrito. I did not want to be a burrito;)

11/13/06 @ 11:00
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

You two are cracking me up...and giving me more gray hair...I am just thankful you are both here to tell the other side of the story!

Chris, you couldn't be a burrito if you are the appetizer...you would have to be one of those mini sausages or something like that.

11/13/06 @ 11:09
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

A "Little Smokey" perhaps?!

11/13/06 @ 11:12
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]

How about a pig in a blanket?! (I always loved those things!)

11/13/06 @ 11:41
Comment from: Katie [Visitor] · http://l-i-t.blogspot.com

Your picture is cracking me up. Even though it's a bit creepy.

11/13/06 @ 13:16
Comment from: DV|N¢ [Visitor]

That is some funny ish...I prolly would have petted him though.

11/13/06 @ 16:00
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

I might have petted him if he'd gotten closer, if petting means punching in the nose! lol.

11/13/06 @ 18:38

I'm glad you are okay. You are very brave. I would've just peed. ;-)

11/13/06 @ 19:02