« Beautiful DayGwa Sha »

Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

Ryan, this is your almost totally gray haired mother...let me thank you for that before commenting. Thank you for my almost totally gray hair.

You goofball. You are just like your gpa. He grew up playing with rattles, but they were not babies without rattles.

Now, your gma...she was a rattler hunter...when faced with a rattler on a trail once she managed to get him under the spell of her moving rifle and he became toast!

So glad you were wearing rubbertoed shoes...

09/27/06 @ 09:07
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]

You know why all the animal handlers on TV say things like, "Don't try this at home"?...It's because you REALLY shouldn't try it at home. Regardless of apparent innocuousness, it's always a good rule of thumb to not taunt the wildlife. Makes for a good story though. Glad no one got bit.

09/27/06 @ 11:24
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

Whatever, the only reason they say, "Don't try this at home." is because they don't want ppl finding out how harmless it really is and then the TV ppl would lose their jobs. People would walk around picking up vipers by the neck, and once you've done it yourself there is really no reason to watch someone else do it on TV.

That's why I don't watch TV, I've pretty much done everything at least twice, so it's boring to watch all the amatuers getting paid to pick up snakes and wrestle penguins and such.

09/27/06 @ 11:28
Comment from: Jes [Visitor]

See, that's why I like bears. You just can't mistake a dangerous bear. They all are. There's no "what kind is he". He is a bear! He's got teeth. He will eat you.

That said, if it coils and strikes, it's probably not good to play with. Glad you didn't actually get bitten.

09/27/06 @ 12:01
Comment from: Chris [Visitor]

Wow! You've wrestled a penguin?! Twice!!! Now that's impressive...lol.

09/27/06 @ 12:42
Comment from: Mandy [Visitor]

RYAN THOMAS GWILLIM! I can totally see you doing this...and laughing the whole time; ammused like a 2 year old. Glad to hear you did not have flip-flops on! Thank you Lord!

09/27/06 @ 18:18
Comment from: Justin [Visitor]

Now that is a great story. You know, I've heard that the venom of the younger snakes is actually more potent than that of grown up snakes. I wish I could have been there for that.

11/05/06 @ 01:54