« Vacation: Day 1May The Dope Shelter You, My Friend »

Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

This type of tag is called a 'script' tag. It is generally done very fast and sloppy in monochrome as to not get caught. Due to the high traffic of the area, this is the safest tag to do. Also, it requires no skill, and thus I am not very fond of it.

Generally this type of tagging is done by boys in the 8-14 year old range. "Look at me, I am a tagger, I have my alias all over San Ysidro" is basically what the kid is saying. Poor composition, and cowardly tactic in general. I'd give this tag a 4.5 out of 10.

07/13/05 @ 09:12
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

I have several bits of "art" that were done by a very young "rgwi", they are tucked away in a safe place....thinking about submitting them for your new photography area of this blog...you may pick them up next wk.

07/13/05 @ 10:14
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

" I have several bits of "art" that were done by a very young 'rgwi'"

How'd you get a chunk of the detention center wall that big?

07/13/05 @ 10:26
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

The city sold the wall to raise revenue for a new sewer system. We bought your section, thinking it would make a good back drop for the water feature in our backyard. But I would be willing to part with it if you want it.

07/13/05 @ 10:34
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

We'll talk when I get home. How much $$ you willing to give me for it?

That took me a few long hours, and I killed a lot of valuable brain cells from the krylon fumes! Not to mention that you and dad made me pay my own bail!

07/13/05 @ 10:40
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

We were trying to help you learn that Actions=Consequences, they were your actions and you needed to have ownership of the consequences. We did a good job, didn't we???!!!

As far as a purchase price for this art..we have already paid for it, in many ways throughout the years. Notice the mulitple strains of gray hair? And the city now has an additional deposit towards the sewer system (no pun intended).

07/13/05 @ 10:51
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

I do not take responsibility for your hair, I blame Roy for that.

07/13/05 @ 11:20
Comment from: Mom [Visitor]

He too was responsible for various parts of that wall (not to mention several gray hairs)...for current Coquille City Art..check out
sentinelnewspaper.com, and the City Hall just had a FOR SALE sign posted!

Pride in the city...it is coming back!!!

07/13/05 @ 11:25

I found this blog post that I thought was interesting:

08/12/05 @ 09:02
Comment from: Ryan Gwillim [Member] Email · www.ryangwillim.com

That's awesome! I love the comments against it comparing the event to a pick-pocket demonstration offering a "how-to" for potential criminals!

Makes me want to tag that guy's forhead.

Wish I could attend that!

08/12/05 @ 11:06

Seriously, huh. I don't understand why people are against getting people to express their art in a legal manner, especially if it's covering up tagging and getting kids to be productive with their time. I'd rather enjoy it in places like Chicano Park instead of a tagged up side of the building.

08/12/05 @ 11:15